[Back to Certification Services page]
Certificates of Conformity for Explosion-Proof or Intrinsically Safe equipment
|We can issue GOST Russia Certificates of Conformity (GOST R COCs Ex) for your Explosion-Proof or Intrinsically Safe goods or equipment. We can also translate and prepare complete documentation packages necessary for issuing the GOST R COCs Ex.|
IMPORTANT NOTE: on June 1, 2003 a new law, titled "Technical Regulation Law," has gone into effect in the Russian Federation. Since the articles of this new Law do not cancel/remove necessary and voluntary certification of products and overall remain practically the same, we have left excerpts from the old Law on our website, which are still valid. The full text of the "Technical Regulation Law" will be put up soon.
Excerpt from "Law Regarding Certification of Products and Services" of the Russian Federation
10 June 1993
# 5151 - 1
LAW REGARDING CERTIFICATION OF PRODUCTS
Article 14. Conditions regarding the entering of imported products [into the Russian Federation].
1. In the terms of contracts (agreements), concluded for [the purpose of] delivery into the Russian Federation of goods, subject to necessary certification in accordance to the acts of the legislation of the Russian Federation, there must be a [stipulation] demanding the presence of a certificate and a symbol of conformity, proving the goods' compliance with the set requirements. The aforementioned certificates and symbols of conformity must be issued and recognized by an organ of the Russian Federation authorized for such [task].
2. Certificates, or evidence of their [existence], are to be presented to the customs organs along with the cargo customs declaration and are documentation that is absolutely necessary for receiving permission to enter the goods into the territory of the Russian Federation.
3. The procedure for entering
goods subject to necessary certification into the territory of
the Russian Federation is set by the Government customs committee
of the Russian Federation and by Gosstandart of Russia in accordance
to the legislative acts of the
Article 15. Government control and supervision of the observance of rules for necessary certification and of certified goods.
1. Government control and supervision of the observance by manufacturers (sellers, users), testing laboratories (centers), [and] organs of certification of rules for necessary certification and of certified goods is performed by Gosstandart of Russia, that is by specially authorized government regulation organs of the Russian Federation within the limitations of their jurisdiction.
2. Direct government control
and supervision of the observance of rules for necessary certification
and of certified goods is conducted by responsible persons, performing
government control and supervision of the observance of necessary
requirements of government standards. The aforementioned persons
perform government control and supervision of the observance of
rules for certification and of certified goods following procedure
and terms set by the Law of the
Russian Federation [titled] "Regarding standardization."
[Articles 16-19 omitted]
RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE BREAKING OF STIPULATIONS OF CURRENT LAW.
Article 20. Criminal, administrative, or compensatory sanctions.
Physical persons and artificial
bodies [organizations, companies, etc.], as well as organs of government
control, that are guilty of breaking the rules for necessary certification,
will be charged, in accordance with active legislation, with criminal,
administrative, or compensatory sanctions.
President of the Russian Federation
10 June 1993. # 5151-1
Excerpt from the Gosstandart of Russia website concerning mandatory certification
Gosstandart of Russia - National Certification Body of the Russian Federation
The Law of the Russian Federation “On Certification of Products and Services” (Art. 4) charges Gosstandart of Russia with the development and implementation of the State policy in the field of standardization
Gosstandart of Russia is responsible for:
|1. CERTIFICATION SERVICES||1.7. Pattern Approval Certificates for Measuring Instruments|
|1.1. GOST Certificates of Conformity (GOST COC) and Customs Union Technical Regulation (CU TR)||1.8. Ecological Certificates|
|1.2. GOST Certificates of Conformity for Explosion-Proof and Intrinsically-Safe Equipment (GOST COCs Ex) and Customs Union Technical Regulation (CU TR)||2. TRANSLATION SERVICES|
|1.3. Expert Conclusions for Explosion-Proof and Intrinsically-Safe Equipment||3. TECHNICAL DOCUMENTATION SERVICES|
|1.4. Customs Union Technical Regulation (CU TR) Permits||4. ENGINEERING SERVICES|
|1.5. Expert Sanitary-Epidemiological Approvals (also known as Hygienic Conclusions)||5. CONSULTING SERVICES|
|1.6. Fire Safety Certificates||6. BUSINESS SERVICES|
|7. FEASIBILITY STUDY|